Lotus School For Excellence
- Lotus School For Excellence's student population of 902 students has grown by 18% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 62 teachers has grown by 8% over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||902 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||62 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Lotus School For Excellence is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,718 schools in Colorado (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has increased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CO)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#1280 out of 1718 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||17:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Aurora Joint District No. 28 Of The Counties Of Adams And A School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Aurora Aurora Academy Charter School Grades: K-8 | 544 students
10251 East 1st Ave
Aurora, CO 80010
(303)367-5983 0.6 K-8 544
- Aurora Highline Community Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 540 students
11000 East Exposition
Aurora, CO 80012
(720)747-2300 0.6 PK-5 540
- Aurora Lyn Knoll Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 263 students
12445 East 2nd Ave
Aurora, CO 80011
(303)364-8455 1.1 PK-5 263
- Aurora Virginia Court Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 527 students
395 South Troy St
Aurora, CO 80012
(303)366-9594 1.1 PK-5 527
This school has great opportunities. I feel and believe that the overall course selection is really great and really offers great variety of different fields of study to help their students succeed in life. I would definitely recommend this school.
- Posted by Administrator - Hanifi
It's the most challenging high school.Awesome school with an awesome staff. There seems to be genuine care and support coming from the head of the school.My brother goes to the middle school there and he loves it.
- Posted by Parent - Andy
I graduated from Lotus with honors diploma. Lotus was very challenging with lot of AP courses. I had to study at least 2-3 hours every day, but this prepared me to college. Now, while most of my friends are struggling, I do pass my courses easily.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Johnny
I loved this school. Environment is perfect
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Taylor
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Say goodbye to mystery meat - and all other types of meat - at public school cafeterias that are embracing the Meatless Monday trend.
Growing cases of contaminated tap water at public schools around the country are raising more than eyebrows. Learn about whether or not public schools' tap water is safe to drink.