Highline Community Elementary School
Highline Community Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Colorado for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 10%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Highline Community Elementary School's student population of 540 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 37 teachers has declined by 11% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||540 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||37 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Highline Community Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,768 schools in Colorado (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CO)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#1634 out of 1768 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Cherry Creek School District No. 5 In The County Of Arapah School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school and elementary school to Highline Community Elementary School is Lotus School For Excellence (0.6 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Denver Challenge School Grades: PK-8 | 534 students
9659 East Mississippi Avenue
Denver, CO 80231
(720) 747-2100 1.0 PK-8 534
- Aurora Village East Community Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 785 students
1433 South Oakland Street
Aurora, CO 80012
(720) 747-2000 1.0 PK-5 785
- Aurora Virginia Court Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 527 students
395 South Troy St
Aurora, CO 80012
(303) 366-9594 1.0 PK-5 527
- Aurora Aurora Academy Charter School Grades: K-8 | 544 students
10251 East 1st Ave
Aurora, CO 80010
(303) 367-5983 1.1 K-8 544
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.
In light of all the finger-pointing occurring in the education reform movement, we’ll look at the good and bad of teachers unions – and whether these organizations really work in favor of students and/or teachers.