Avalon Elementary School
- Avalon Elementary School's student population of 271 students has declined by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 14 teachers has declined by 17% over five school years.
|School Type||Special education school|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||271 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Avalon Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 3,159 schools in Michigan (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 19:1 has increased from 18:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MI)|
|Overall School Rank||#2300 out of 3,159 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||South Lake s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Harper Woods Charles A. Poupard Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 278 students
20655 Lennon St
Harper Woods, MI 48225
(313)432-4800 1.0 K-6 278
- Saint Clair Shores Elmwood Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 365 students
22700 California St
Saint Clair Shores, MI 48080
(586)435-1100 1.2 PK-6 365
South Lake Schools and Avalon Elementary work hard for their students! There have been slow, positive changes made to the curriculum over that last few years. Science, math and writing have made vast improvements. My fellow teachers are hard workers and make every effort to differentiate to meet the needs of their students. The facilities are slowly improving, with bonds allowing us to update computer labs and security measures. Music, art, foreign language, technology and P.E. are all still part of the elementary schools! Many of the schools have a variety of sports and extracurricular activities. This year Avalon had Girls on the Run, martial arts, ecology club, a basketball program, walking club and more!
- Posted by Teacher - Mrs. Staff Member
While some schools are debating whether to teach sex ed, Philadelphia schools will be making free condoms available in 22 schools across the district.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.