Avenal High School
- Grades: 9-12
- Enrollment: 745 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 29:1
- Minority Enrollment: 97%
- Graduation Rate: ≥95% (Top 20% in CA)
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50%
- Math Proficiency: 10-14% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 40-44% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Avenal High School's ranking?
Avenal High School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in California for: Highest graduation rate (Top 20%).
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
10-14% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 40% CA state average), while 40-44% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 51% CA state average).
What is the graduation rate of Avenal High School?
The graduation rate of Avenal High School is 95%, which is higher than the California state average of 84%.
How many students attend Avenal High School?
745 students attend Avenal High School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
97% of Avenal High School students are Hispanic, and 3% of students are White.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Avenal High School?
Avenal High School has a student ration of 29:1, which is higher than the California state average of 22:1.
What grades does Avenal High School offer ?
Avenal High School offers enrollment in grades 9-12
Review Avenal High School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities