Avondale Elementary School
Avondale Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Ohio for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 10%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Avondale Elementary School's student population of 292 students has declined by 14% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 19 teachers has declined by 9% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||292 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Avondale Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 3,224 schools in Ohio (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (OH)|
|Overall School Rank||#2238 out of 3,224 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Columbus City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Columbus Columbus Collegiate Academy - West Grades: 6-8 | 232 students
300 Dana Ave
Columbus, OH 43223
(614)545-9570 0.5 6-8 232
- Columbus Flex High School Grades: 9-12 | 33 students
115 S Gift St
Columbus, OH 43215
(614)610-9749 0.5 9-12 33
- Columbus Franklinton Preparatory Academy Grades: 9-12 | 132 students
40 Chicago Ave
Columbus, OH 43222
(614)636-3721 0.5 9-12 132
- Columbus Starling Pk-8 Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 604 students
145 S Central Ave
Columbus, OH 43222
(614)365-5945 0.6 PK-8 604
While some schools are debating whether to teach sex ed, Philadelphia schools will be making free condoms available in 22 schools across the district.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.