Avondale Elementary School
- Avondale Elementary School's student population of 447 students has declined by 17% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 16 teachers has declined by 11% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||447 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Avondale Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 28:1 has decreased from 30:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#6579 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||28:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||La Mesa-Spring Valley School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school to Avondale Elementary School is Mount Miguel High School (0.4 miles away)
- The nearest middle school is Sci Technical Engr Arts And Math Academy At La Presa (0.8 miles away)
- The nearest elementary school is Sci Technical Engr Arts And Math Academy At La Presa (0.8 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Spring Valley Mount Miguel High School Grades: 9-12 | 1302 students
8585 Blossom Ln.
Spring Valley, CA 91977
(619)664-8400 0.4 9-12 1302
- Spring Valley Sci Technical Engr Arts And Math Academy At La Presa Grades: 4-8 | 926 students
1001 Leland St.
Spring Valley, CA 91977
(619)668-5720 0.8 4-8 926
- San Diego Audubon K-8 Grades: K-8 | 460 students
8111 San Vicente
San Diego, CA 92114
(619)344-5800 0.9 K-8 460
- La Mesa Bancroft Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 563 students
8805 Tyler St.
La Mesa, CA 91941
(619)668-5890 0.9 K-6 563
- Lemon Grove Monterey Heights Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 437 students
7550 Canton Dr.
Lemon Grove, CA 91945
(619)825-5633 0.9 K-6 437
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.