Best Elementary School
Best Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 10%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Best Elementary School's student population of 834 students has declined by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 66 teachers has grown by 6% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Total Students||834 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||66 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Best Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TX)|
|Overall School Rank||#7321 out of 7,879 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||15:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Alief Isd School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Houston Phoenix School At Southwest Schools Grades: K-12 | 175 students
9920 W Sam Houston Pkwy S
Houston, TX 77057
(713)784-6345 0.6 K-12 175
- Houston Cates Academy Grades: 9-12 | 6 students
9920 W Sam Houston Pkwy S Ste
Houston, TX 77009
(281)782-4628 0.7 9-12 6
- Sugar Land Harmony Science Academy-sugar Land Grades: K-6 | 769 students
13415 W Belfort
Sugar Land, TX 77478
(281)265-2525 0.8 K-6 769
- Houston Harmony School Of Exploration- Houston Grades: K-5 | 649 students
9305 W Sam Houston Pkwy S
Houston, TX 77099
(713)541-3030 0.9 K-5 649
- Houston Kipp Shine Prep Grades: PK-4 | 856 students
10711 Kipp Way
Houston, TX 77074
(832)328-1051 0.9 PK-4 856
Did your child's school make the list? We cover the latest Blue Ribbon Schools awards given by Education Secretary Arne Duncan.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.