Big Lake Elementary School
Big Lake Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Alaska for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Big Lake Elementary School's student population of 395 students has declined by 10% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 28 teachers has grown by 7% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||395 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Big Lake Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AK)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Matanuska-Susitna Borough School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Houston Houston High School Grades: 9-12 | 391 students
12501 W Hawk Rd
Houston, AK 99694
(907)892-9400 3.6 9-12 391
- Big Lake Houston Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 340 students
12801 W Hawk Lane
Big Lake, AK 99652
(907)892-9500 3.9 6-8 340
- Wasilla Joe Redington Senior Junior Senior High School Grades: 6-12 | 526 students
10015 W Redington School Rd
Wasilla, AK 99623
(907)864-5400 4.7 6-12 526
- Wasilla American Charter Academy Grades: K-12 | 191 students
7362 W Parks Hwy #723
Wasilla, AK 99623
(907)352-0150 6.8 K-12 191
- Wasilla Goose Bay Elementary School Grades: PK-2 | 331 students
6400 Hollywood Blvd
Wasilla, AK 99687
(907)352-6400 6.8 PK-2 331
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.