Big Otter Elementary School
- Big Otter Elementary School's student population of 250 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 17 teachers has declined by 10% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||250 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Big Otter Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has increased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WV)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Clay County s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Clay Clay Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 422 students
419 Church Street
Clay, WV 25043
(304)587-2343 8.7 6-8 422
- Clay Clay County High School Grades: 9-12 | 522 students
1 Panther Drive
Clay, WV 25043
(304)587-4226 10.3 9-12 522
- Left Hand Geary Elementary Middle School Grades: PK-8 | 314 students
9538 Clay Road
Left Hand, WV 25251
(304)565-3721 11.6 PK-8 314
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.