Top Clay County Public Schools
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 6 top public schools in Clay County, West Virginia, serving 1,999 students.
- Clay County, WV public schools have a diversity score of 0.02, which is lower than the West Virginia average of 0.12.
- The most diverse school district in Clay County is Clay County s School District. Read more about public school diversity statistics in West Virginia or national school diversity statistics.
- Minority enrollment is 1% (majority Hispanic and Black) and the student:teacher ratio is 14:1.
Top Clay County Public Schools (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Ivydale Big Otter Elementary School59 Ossia Road, Po Box 100
Ivydale, WV 25113
Grades: PK-5 | 251 students
- Clay Clay County High School1 Panther Drive, Po Box 729
Clay, WV 25043
Grades: 9-12 | 551 students
- Clay Clay Middle School419 Church Street, Po Box 489
Clay, WV 25043
Grades: 6-8 | 438 students
- Bomont H E White Elementary School501 Bomont Road
Bomont, WV 25030
Grades: PK-5 | 112 students
- Lizemores Lizemore Elementary School100 Lizemore Lion Road
Lizemores, WV 25125
Grades: PK-5 | 120 students
Clay County Public Schools (Closed)
While zero tolerance policies were designed to keep public school students safe, are they unfairly punishing innocent students? Learn more about the debate and whether or not zero tolerance policies are effective for public schools.
The results of a new study show that private school education may be no better than public school education. Keep reading to learn more about this study and to learn how to make the right choice between private and public school education for your child.
Each year, millions of students neglect to fill out the FAFSA and, in doing so, miss out on the chance to receive federal student aid. Keep reading to learn why every high school student should apply for financial aid, whether or not they qualify and regardless of their intention to use it.