Top Clay County Public Schools
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 6 top public schools in Clay County, West Virginia, serving 1,999 students.
- Clay County, WV public schools have a diversity score of 0.02, which is lower than the West Virginia average of 0.12.
- The most diverse school district in Clay County is Clay County s School District. Read more about public school diversity statistics in West Virginia or national school diversity statistics.
- Minority enrollment is 1% (majority Hispanic and Black) and the student:teacher ratio is 14:1.
Top Clay County Public Schools (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Ivydale Big Otter Elementary School59 Ossia Road, Po Box 100
Ivydale, WV 25113
Grades: PK-5 | 251 students
- Clay Clay County High School1 Panther Drive, Po Box 729
Clay, WV 25043
Grades: 9-12 | 551 students
- Clay Clay Middle School419 Church Street, Po Box 489
Clay, WV 25043
Grades: 6-8 | 438 students
- Bomont H E White Elementary School501 Bomont Road
Bomont, WV 25030
Grades: PK-5 | 112 students
- Lizemores Lizemore Elementary School100 Lizemore Lion Road
Lizemores, WV 25125
Grades: PK-5 | 120 students
Clay County Public Schools (Closed)
Public schools are recognizing the connection between nutrition and learning, and Chicago Public Schools are starting to offer free breakfasts to jumpstart the day. However, the move is not without its share of critics and proponents.
While some schools are debating whether to teach sex ed, Philadelphia schools will be making free condoms available in 22 schools across the district.
The separation of public schools and church has been a cornerstone of constitutional debate in recent years. However, in Virginia, prayers may just find a home on the campus of public schools. Learn about the controversial bill and heated debate.