Clay County High School
- Clay County High School's student population of 522 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 43 teachers has grown by 13% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||522 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||43 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Clay County High School's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has decreased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WV)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-24%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||65-69%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||15:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Clay County s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Clay Clay Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 422 students
419 Church Street
Clay, WV 25043
(304)587-2343 1.7 6-8 422
- Bomont H E White Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 117 students
501 Bomont Road
Bomont, WV 25030
(304)548-7101 7.4 PK-5 117
- Lizemores Lizemore Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 141 students
100 Lizemore Lion Road
Lizemores, WV 25125
(304)587-4823 9.2 PK-5 141
- Ivydale Big Otter Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 250 students
59 Ossia Road
Ivydale, WV 25113
(304)286-3111 10.3 PK-5 250
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.