- Blackwell School's student population of 18 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 2 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||18 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Blackwell School's student:teacher ratio of 9:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AK)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||17:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Iditarod Area School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grayling David Louis Memorial School Grades: PK-12 | 41 students
90 School Street
Grayling, AK 99590
(907)453-5135 18.2 PK-12 41
- Shageluk Innoko River School Grades: PK-12 | 17 students
90 Chinana Avenue
Shageluk, AK 99665
(907)473-8233 21.1 PK-12 17
- Marshall Marshall School Grades: K-12 | 139 students
89 School Road
Marshall, AK 99585
(907)679-6112 69.9 K-12 139
- Russian Mission Russian Mission School Grades: K-12 | 126 students
90 School Road
Russian Mission, AK 99657
(907)584-5126 69.9 K-12 126
- Aniak Gusty Michael School Grades: PK-12 | 20 students
205 Elbow Road
Aniak, AK 99557
(907)537-3225 76.5 PK-12 20
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.