Blackwell School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Alaska for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest student:teacher ratio (Top 20%)
Blackwell School's student population of 18 students has grown by 63% over five school years.
The teacher population of 3 teachers has grown by 50% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||18 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
The diversity score of Blackwell School is 0.00, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.71. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AK)|
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)(17-18)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)(17-18)
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch (14-15)|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Iditarod Area School District|
Nearby Public Schools
The nearest high school, middle school and elementary school to Blackwell School is David Louis Memorial School (18.2 miles away)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Miles Grades Students
- Grayling David Louis Memorial School Grades: PK-12 | 46 students
90 School St
Grayling, AK 99590
(907) 453-5135 18.2 PK-12 46
- Shageluk Innoko River School Grades: PK-12 | 18 students
101 Pine St
Shageluk, AK 99665
(907) 473-8233 21.1 PK-12 18
- Marshall Marshall School Grades: K-12 | 119 students
89 School Rd
Marshall, AK 99585
(907) 679-6112 69.9 K-12 119
- Russian Mission Russian Mission School Grades: K-12 | 125 students
90 School Rd
Russian Mission, AK 99657
(907) 584-5126 69.9 K-12 125
- Aniak Gusty Michael School Grades: PK-12 | 15 students
205 Elbow Rd
Aniak, AK 99557
(907) 537-3225 76.5 PK-12 15
Join the debate igniting in public schools regarding the role of religion in education. Should all religions be incorporated, or should religion be omitted to avoid any potential indoctrination?
Learn about the benefits associated with vocational education at public high schools, including high-demand career opportunities and improved learning for kinetic and active students.
June 17, 2021
The COVID-19 pandemic has turned the world on its head. The effects of the global pandemic will be felt for years to come, though maybe more so in certain populations. Here’s what you need to know about the current state of special education in the United States.