Booker T Washington Elementary School
Booker T Washington Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 10%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Booker T Washington Elementary School's student population of 280 students has declined by 21% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 33 teachers has grown by 17% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||280 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Booker T Washington Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 8:1 has decreased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TX)|
|Overall School Rank||#7600 out of 7,879 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||55-59%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||WICHITA FALLS ISD School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Wichita Falls Rosewood Head Start Grades: PK | 97 students
503 Rosewood Head Start
Wichita Falls, TX 76301
(940)235-4309 0.5 PK 97
- Wichita Falls Lamar Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 405 students
2206 Lucas Ave
Wichita Falls, TX 76303
(940)235-1172 1.6 PK-5 405
- Wichita Falls Wichita County Juvenile Justice Aep Grades: 5-11 | 17 students
401 Burkburnett Rd
Wichita Falls, TX 76306
(940)322-7414 1.7 5-11 17
- Burkburnett Wichita Co Jjaep Grades: 6-10 | 3 students
Burkburnett, TX 76354
(940)569-3326 1.8 6-10 3
- Wichita Falls Farris Early Childhood Center Grades: PK | 217 students
710 Burkburnett Rd
Wichita Falls, TX 76306
(940)235-4302 1.9 PK 217
Nearby Homes for Sale
We look at a recent student that found an unusually high teacher turnover rate in Duval County, and why this data could be impacting the quality of education Duval students are receiving.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.