Booker T Washington Spva Magnet
Booker T Washington Spva Magnet places among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Booker T Washington Spva Magnet's student population of 929 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 57 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||929 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||57 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Booker T Washington Spva Magnet's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TX)|
|Overall School Rank||#117 out of 7,879 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥95%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Dallas Isd School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Dallas John Leslie Patton Junior Academic Center Grades: 9-12 | 135 students
3313 S Beckley Ave
Dallas, TX 75224
(214)932-5160 0.2 9-12 135
- Dallas South Oak Cliff High School Grades: 9-12 | 1287 students
3601 S Marsalis Ave
Dallas, TX 75216
(214)932-7000 0.7 9-12 1287
im verry interested in this school and am willing to do anything to join and expand my dream of visual arts
- Posted by Student/Alumni - p4jos
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.
Students all over the nation go hungry every day not because their schools don’t offer lunch, but because they refuse them to children with outstanding debts. Read on to learn about the horror that is lunch shaming and what can be done about it.