Bossier Elementary School
Bossier Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Louisiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 5%)
- Bossier Elementary School's student population of 300 students has declined by 11% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 26 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||300 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Bossier Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has decreased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank||#927 out of 1,277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||55-59%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Bossier Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bossier City Bossier High School Grades: 8-12 | 754 students
777 Bearkat Drive
Bossier City, LA 71111
(318)549-6680 0.4 8-12 754
- Bossier City Central Park Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 389 students
900 Central Park Boulevard
Bossier City, LA 71112
(318)549-6400 1.6 PK-5 389
- Shreveport Alexander Learning Center Grades: 2-12 | 93 students
Shreveport, LA 71109
(318)636-5017 1.7 2-12 93
- Bossier City Plantation Park Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 673 students
2410 Plantation Drive
Bossier City, LA 71111
(318)549-5700 1.8 PK-5 673
- Shreveport Cherokee Park Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 359 students
2010 East Algonquin Trail
Shreveport, LA 71107
(318)221-6782 1.9 PK-6 359
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.