Boston Elementary School
Boston Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Kentucky for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 10%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Boston Elementary School's student population of 216 students has declined by 17% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 17 teachers has declined by 5% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||216 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Boston Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (KY)|
|Overall School Rank||#126 out of 1,251 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||55-59%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Whitley County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Williamsburg Pleasant View Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 296 students
5554 Hwy 25 W South
Williamsburg, KY 40769
(606)549-7085 3.5 PK-6 296
- Jellico Jellico Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 285 students
551 Sunset Tr
Jellico, TN 37762
(423)784-6565 4.3 PK-8 285
- Duff White Oak Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 169 students
5634 White Oak Rd
Duff, TN 37729
(423)784-6051 7.9 PK-8 169
- Williamsburg Williamsburg City School Grades: PK-12 | 819 students
1000 Main Street
Williamsburg, KY 40769
(606)549-6044 8.0 PK-12 819
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.