Bridgeport Elementary School
Top Placements (California)
Bridgeport Elementary School is Listed among the top public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Bridgeport Elementary School's student population of 928 students has declined by 13% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 33 teachers has declined by 13% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||928 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Bridgeport Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 9595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 28:1 has decreased from 29:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||28:1||24:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Bridgeport Elementary School is Saugus Union School District, which is ranked within the top 20% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Saugus Union School District's student population of 9,983 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $12,680 is higher than the state average of $11,049. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $12,271 is higher than the state average of $11,340. The district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|School District Name||Saugus Union School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||9,983||1,585|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$129 MM||$18 MM|
|District Spending||$125 MM||$18 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$12,680||$11,049|
|District Spending / Student||$12,271||$11,340|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Valencia Charles Helmers Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 731 students
27300 N. Grandview Dr.
Valencia, CA 91354
(661)294-5345 0.6 K-6 731
- Santa Clarita Emblem Academy Grades: K-6 | 695 students
22635 Espuella Dr.
Santa Clarita, CA 91350
(661)294-5315 1.1 K-6 695
- Valencia Valencia High School Grades: 9-12 | 3103 students
27801 N. Dickason Dr.
Valencia, CA 91355
(661)294-1188 1.2 9-12 3103
- Valencia Arroyo Seco Junior High School Grades: 7-8 | 1220 students
27171 N. Vista Delgado Dr.
Valencia, CA 91354
(661)296-0991 1.3 7-8 1220
- Valencia Valencia Valley Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 690 students
23601 Carrizo Dr.
Valencia, CA 91355
(661)291-4060 1.4 K-6 690
Students with disabilities may require the assistance of a service dog, but how might the presence of a dog in the classroom affect other students? Could it be too distracting?
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.