Bristol Bay Middle/High School
- Bristol Bay Middle/High School's student population of 61 students has declined by 10% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 6 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||61 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Bristol Bay Middle/High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 466 schools in Alaska (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2014-15 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 10:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AK)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-29%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-29%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Bristol Bay Borough School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- King Salmon Lakeview Home School Grades: K-12 | 10 students
King Salmon, AK 99613
(907)246-4280 12.3 K-12 10
- Iliamna Kokhanok School Grades: PK-12 | 32 students
Iliamna, AK 99606
(907)282-2210 27.0 PK-12 32
- Iliamna Newhalen School Grades: PK-12 | 65 students
Iliamna, AK 99606
(907)571-1211 27.0 PK-12 65
- Egegik Egegik School Grades: K-12
Egegik, AK 99579
(907)233-2210 37.9 K-12 n/a
- Ekwok William Sonny Nelson School Grades: PK-8 | 18 students
#5 Ekwok School Road
Ekwok, AK 99580
(907)464-3344 45.8 PK-8 18
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The Common Core State Standards Initiative has changed the course of education in the United States, particularly with its emphasis on standardized testing. But how does standardized testing affect teaching quality? Keep reading to find out.
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.