Kokhanok School places among the top 20% of public schools in Alaska for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 5%)
- Kokhanok School's student population of 32 students has declined by 15% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 5 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||32 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Kokhanok School is ranked within the top 20% of all 466 schools in Alaska (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2014-15 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 6:1 has decreased from 8:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AK)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Lake And Peninsula Borough School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Iliamna Newhalen School Grades: PK-12 | 65 students
Iliamna, AK 99606
(907)571-1211 0.0 PK-12 65
- Naknek Bristol Bay Middle/High School Grades: 7-12 | 61 students
#2 School Road North
Naknek, AK 99633
(907)246-4265 27.0 7-12 61
- Ekwok William Sonny Nelson School Grades: PK-8 | 18 students
#5 Ekwok School Road
Ekwok, AK 99580
(907)464-3344 27.6 PK-8 18
- New Stuyahok Chief Ivan Blunka School Grades: PK-12 | 138 students
29 Old Airport Way
New Stuyahok, AK 99636
(907)693-3144 28.4 PK-12 138
- King Salmon Lakeview Home School Grades: K-12 | 10 students
King Salmon, AK 99613
(907)246-4280 29.5 K-12 10
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.