Brook Avenue Elementary School
Brook Avenue Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 5%)
- Brook Avenue Elementary School's student population of 368 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 24 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||368 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Brook Avenue Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TX)|
|Overall School Rank||#7689 out of 7,879 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Waco Isd School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school, and elementary school to Brook Avenue Elementary School is Methodist Children's Home (0.3 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Waco Methodist Children's Home Grades: 6-12 | 120 students
1111 Herring Ave
Waco, TX 76708
(254)644-9111 0.3 6-12 120
- Waco West Avenue Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 367 students
1101 N 15th St
Waco, TX 76707
(254)750-3900 0.7 PK-5 367
- Waco Indian Spring Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 583 students
500 N University Parks Dr
Waco, TX 76701
(254)754-5491 1.1 6-8 583
- Waco Provident Heights Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 419 students
2415 Bosque Blvd
Waco, TX 76707
(254)750-3930 1.2 PK-5 419
- Axtell Waco Center For Youth Grades: 7-12 | 72 students
3501 N 19th St
Axtell, TX 76624
(254)745-5339 1.3 7-12 72
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.