Brookwood Elementary School
Brookwood Elementary School serves 1,292 students in grades Prekindergarten-5.
Brookwood Elementary School placed in the top 5% of all schools in Georgia for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 5%, and reading proficiency is top 10%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 81% (which is higher than the Georgia state average of 44%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 72% (which is higher than the Georgia state average of 45%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is equal to the Georgia state level of 15:1.
Minority enrollment is 62% of the student body (majority Black and Asian), which is higher than the Georgia state average of 60% (majority Black).
Brookwood Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Georgia for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Brookwood Elementary School's student population of 1,292 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 88 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Brookwood Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 2,196 schools in Georgia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Brookwood Elementary School is 0.75, which is more than the diversity score at state average of 0.69. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (GA)
Overall Testing Rank
#89 out of 2196 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, GA Dept. of Education
Good school, many programs
Review Brookwood Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Life Beyond High School: The Innovative Frontier
Exploring post graduation options for high school students.
New Study Confirms That Private Schools Are No Better Than Public Schools
The results of a new study show that private school education may be no better than public school education. Keep reading to learn more about this study and to learn how to make the right choice between private and public school education for your child.
Parents Refuse Common Core Testing
Parents nationwide are opting out of state testing. Hoping to send a message to lawmakers, they are refusing to allow their children to take standardized tests.