Brown Elementary School
Brown Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in New Hampshire for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 10%)
- Brown Elementary School's student population of 260 students has grown by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 18 teachers has declined by 5% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-2|
|Total Students||260 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NH)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||12:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Berlin School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Berlin Berlin Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 286 students
200 State St.
Berlin, NH 03570
(603) 752-5311 0.9 6-8 286
- Berlin Hillside Elementary School Grades: 3-5 | 226 students
183 Hillside Ave.
Berlin, NH 03570
(603) 752-5328 0.9 3-5 226
- Gorham Edward Fenn School Grades: K-5 | 169 students
169 Main St.
Gorham, NH 03581
(603) 466-3334 6.5 K-5 169
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.
In light of all the finger-pointing occurring in the education reform movement, we’ll look at the good and bad of teachers unions – and whether these organizations really work in favor of students and/or teachers.