Buchanan Elementary School
- Buchanan Elementary School's student population of 413 students has grown by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 30 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 3-5|
|Total Students||413 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Buchanan Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has increased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (GA)|
|Overall School Rank||#1484 out of 2,174 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Haralson County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Buchanan Buchanan Primary School Grades: PK-2 | 458 students
271 Van Wert St
Buchanan, GA 30113
(770)646-5523 0.3 PK-2 458
- Bremen Jones Elementary School Grades: PK-3 | 731 students
206 Lakeview Dr
Bremen, GA 30110
(770)537-4352 5.7 PK-3 731
- Bremen Bremen High School Grades: 9-12 | 671 students
504 Georgia Ave S
Bremen, GA 30110
(770)537-2592 6.7 9-12 671
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.