Buchanan Elementary School
- Grades: Kindergarten-6
- Enrollment: 356 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 12:1
- Minority Enrollment: 53%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in IA
- Math Proficiency: 50-54% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 45-49% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), IA Dept. of Education
(offers virtual instruction)
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
50-54% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 69% IA state average), while 45-49% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 68% IA state average).
How many students attend Buchanan Elementary School?
356 students attend Buchanan Elementary School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
47% of Buchanan Elementary School students are White, 27% of students are Black, 13% of students are Hispanic, 11% of students are Two or more races, and 2% of students are Asian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Buchanan Elementary School?
Buchanan Elementary School has a student ration of 12:1, which is lower than the Iowa state average of 14:1.
What grades does Buchanan Elementary School offer ?
Buchanan Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Kindergarten-6 (offers virtual instruction).
Review Buchanan Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities