- Buckland-shelburne Regional's student population of 259 students has grown by 34% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 16 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||259 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Buckland-shelburne Regional's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has increased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MA)|
|Overall School Rank||#1268 out of 1,671 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||13:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Mohawk Trail School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Shelburne Falls Mohawk Trail Regional High School Grades: 7-12 | 422 students
26 Ashfield Road
Shelburne Falls, MA 01370
(413)625-9811 1.0 7-12 422
- Colrain Colrain Central Grades: PK-6 | 112 students
22 Jacksonville Rd
Colrain, MA 01340
(413)624-3451 5.0 PK-6 112
- Greenfield The Academy Of Early Learning At North Parish Grades: PK | 122 students
1 Place Terrace
Greenfield, MA 01301
(413)772-1390 6.3 PK 122
- Greenfield Newton School Grades: K-4 | 215 students
70 Shelburne Rd
Greenfield, MA 01301
(413)772-1370 6.4 K-4 215
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.