Burke Town School
- The student population of 217 students has grown by 7% over five years.
- The teacher population of 18 teachers has declined by 10% over five years.
|Grades Offered||Grades PK-8|
|Total Students||217 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has increased from 10:1 over five years.
- The school's diversity scoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body. of 0.08 is less than the state average of 0.17. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- Burke School District's student population of 217 students has decreased by 23% over five years.
- The revenue/student of $14,220 in this district is less than the state average of $15,406. The district revenue/student has declined by 20% over four years.
- The district's spending/student of $14,195 is less than the state average of $15,464. The district spending/student has declined by 19% over four years.
|School District Name||Burke School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||217||186|
|District Total Revenue||$4 MM||$4 MM|
|District Spending||$4 MM||$4 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$14,220||$15,406|
|District Spending / Student||$14,195||$15,464|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- West BurkeNewark SchoolGrades: PK-8 | 59 students
1448 Newark Street
West Burke, VT 05871
- SuttonSutton Village SchoolGrades: PK-8 | 110 students
95 Underpass Road
Sutton, VT 05867
- LyndonvilleLyndon Town SchoolGrades: PK-8 | 492 students
2591 Lily Pond Road
Lyndonville, VT 05851
- SheffieldMillers Run Usd #37 Elementary SchoolGrades: PK-8 | 116 students
3249 Vt Route 122
Sheffield, VT 05866
- GloverGlover Village SchoolGrades: PK-8 | 134 students
100 School Street
Glover, VT 05839
This school is great. I've been going here since preschool. And this year in in 8th grade. I love the art program and the PE. Besides PE we don't have any sport teams:( The teachers are great and we truly miss Ms. Parker. The student council is also a great for our school. I think they do so much for us. I think BTS needs more dances though cause they have the best dances ever and all if my friends think that too. Wee also think burke is in the middle of all the schools. Come here!!!!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - amsro
This school is very cool. I moved this September, and I miss my friends, and this school. I've been here since 1st grade.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - kewlm
January 01, 2018
The city of New York has announced they are bringing back mandatory sex-ed courses for the first time in 20 years, in light of skyrocketing teen pregnancy rates far above the national average.
January 01, 2018
We’ll look at the many challenges facing schools in New York and New Jersey, as they struggle to get ready for students and balance the ongoing need to provide shelter to those displaced by the storm.
January 01, 2018
Students have headed back to school across the country, but are greeted by new security technology and armed security guards. We take a look at Post-Newtown public education.