Burwell Junior Senior High School
- Burwell Junior Senior High School's student population of 161 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 18 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||161 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Burwell Junior Senior High School's student:teacher ratio of 9:1 has increased from 8:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NE)|
|Overall School Rank||#405 out of 918 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||85-89%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||14:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Burwell Public s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Burwell Burwell Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 189 students
204 S 4th
Burwell, NE 68823
(308)346-4431 0.1 PK-6 189
- Taylor Loup County Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 38 students
608 Williams St
Taylor, NE 68879
(308)942-6115 13.3 PK-6 38
- Ord Vinton School Grades: PK-8 | 30 students
47407 808th Road
Ord, NE 68862
(308)728-5667 15.4 PK-8 30
- Ord Ord Junior Senior High School Grades: 7-12 | 281 students
1800 K St
Ord, NE 68862
(308)728-3241 15.8 7-12 281
- Sargent Sargent Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 120 students
400 N 5th St
Sargent, NE 68874
(308)527-4119 15.8 PK-6 120
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.