Cabin John Middle School
Cabin John Middle School places among the top 20% of public schools in Maryland for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 10%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Cabin John Middle School's student population of 1,005 students has grown by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 63 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||1,005 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||63 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Cabin John Middle School is ranked within the top 10% of all 1,359 schools in Maryland (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MD)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#88 out of 1359 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||n/a|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Montgomery County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Rockville Tilden Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 947 students
11211 Old Georgetown Rd
Rockville, MD 20852
(301) 230-5930 0.6 6-8 947
- Bethesda Walter Johnson High School Grades: 9-12 | 2,475 students
6400 Rock Spring Dr
Bethesda, MD 20814
(301) 803-7100 1.2 9-12 2,475
It is a good school, but it lacks discipline and teaching students of the real world. The punishments aren't as dire as they should be, which won't end up teaching the student right from wrong. The school's students apparently love talking about inappropriate topics.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - A man with H.