Garrett Park Elementary School
Garrett Park Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Maryland for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 10%)
- Garrett Park Elementary School's student population of 815 students has grown by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 45 teachers has grown by 9% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||815 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||45 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Garrett Park Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 1,359 schools in Maryland (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MD)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#232 out of 1359 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Montgomery County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bethesda Walter Johnson High School Grades: 9-12 | 2,475 students
6400 Rock Spring Dr
Bethesda, MD 20814
(301) 803-7100 0.9 9-12 2,475
- Kensington Kensington Parkwood Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 657 students
4710 Saul Rd
Kensington, MD 20895
(301) 571-6949 1.0 K-5 657
- Rockville Tilden Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 947 students
11211 Old Georgetown Rd
Rockville, MD 20852
(301) 230-5930 1.2 6-8 947
- Bethesda Wyngate Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 738 students
9300 Wadsworth Dr
Bethesda, MD 20817
(240) 740-1080 1.2 PK-5 738
PTA is the best!
- Posted by Parent - proud PTA parent
My son has had an excellent experience here. His teachers are caring and the community is very involved with the school.
- Posted by Parent - Mark
Great community. Dedicated staff and parents.
- Posted by Parent - GPESParent
Garrett Park Elementary School has involved parents, great staff and teachers. It's a LEED school and does care about STEM and overall health and well being of our kids.
- Posted by Parent - Nellie
So far the teachers, before and after care have been amazing and supportive of a new family
- Posted by Parent - New parent
We've been very pleased with the parent-teacher communication. I haven't had much interaction with admins but the school environment has been welcoming.
- Posted by Parent - GP parent
Bullying protocol is horrible, no disciplinary action is taken if another child hits your child, teachers are overwhelmed with too many kids in their classroom and are burnt out. I don't know where great schools got their ratio for student to teacher for garret park but it is most definitely not 16 to 1 teacher, there are so many kids in each classroom my daughters teacher actually forgot to put her on the Valentine's Day list for card exchange, which then my daughter got teased about for not getting any cards. Teacher to parent communication is horrible it used to be great when they incorporated class dojo but they no longer use that that system. I am extremely disappointed in the lack of quality education time for a new school because Garett park is clearly disorganized and lacking in taking action to improve.
- Posted by Parent - Lizbeth
The school has a good academic level but lacks a friendly environment. Teachers overwhelmed with ed. standards & do not put any effort into building good positive relations. Admin Staff are nasty & racist. Very unpleasant experience. Kids taught how to deal with bullying - "DEBUG" - no effort into putting an END to it. Awful school!
- Posted by Parent - titi0