Stephen Knolls School
Stephen Knolls School places among the top 20% of public schools in Maryland for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 5%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 5%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 5%)
- Stephen Knolls School's student population of 94 students has grown by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 18 teachers has declined by 5% over five school years.
|School Type||Special education school|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||94 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Stephen Knolls School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,359 schools in Maryland (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 5:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MD)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#867 out of 1359 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||21-39%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||21-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Montgomery County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Silver Spring Oakland Terrace Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 488 students
2720 Plyers Mill Rd
Silver Spring, MD 20902
(301)929-2161 0.4 PK-5 488
- Kensington Albert Einstein High School Grades: 9-12 | 1803 students
11135 Newport Mill Rd
Kensington, MD 20895
(301)929-2200 1.1 9-12 1803
- Kensington Newport Mill Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 626 students
11311 Newport Mill Rd
Kensington, MD 20895
(301)929-2244 1.1 6-8 626
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Say goodbye to mystery meat - and all other types of meat - at public school cafeterias that are embracing the Meatless Monday trend.
Growing cases of contaminated tap water at public schools around the country are raising more than eyebrows. Learn about whether or not public schools' tap water is safe to drink.