Walter Johnson High School
Walter Johnson High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Maryland for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 5%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 10%)
- Walter Johnson High School's student population of 2,475 students has grown by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 135 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||2,475 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||135 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Walter Johnson High School is ranked within the top 5% of all 1,359 schools in Maryland (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has increased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MD)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#38 out of 1359 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Montgomery County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Rockville Tilden Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 947 students
11211 Old Georgetown Rd
Rockville, MD 20852
(301)230-5930 0.9 6-8 947