Cairo Elementary School
- Cairo Elementary School's student population of 306 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 17 teachers has declined by 10% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||306 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Cairo Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,246 schools in Kentucky (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (KY)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#287 out of 1246 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||65-69%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||55-59%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Henderson County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Corydon A B Chandler Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 309 students
11215 Us 60 W
Corydon, KY 42406
(270) 533-1760 3.0 K-5 309
- Henderson Jefferson Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 339 students
315 Jackson St
Henderson, KY 42420
(270) 831-5090 5.7 K-5 339
- Henderson The Central Academy Grades: K-12 | 153 students
851 Center Street
Henderson, KY 42420
(270) 831-5100 6.4 K-12 153
We have followed the Atlanta cheating scandal story, and now, administrative consequences have been handed out to the teachers implicated, and a jury is considering criminal charges against some of the teachers as well.
Learn about a school district in Missouri that buckled under the pressure of the ACLU and took single-sex classes out of its schools. We’ll also look at some of the evidence that both supports and refutes the benefits of single-sex classrooms.
Some schools in the country only give students 10 minutes to eat lunch, while others enjoy an entire hour. We’ll delve into the controversy surrounding the length of the lunch period and what the research finds in correlating lunch length to student performance.