Anaheim Union High School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 11 public middle schools in Anaheim Union High School District, serving 9,572 students.
- Public middle school in Anaheim Union High School District have an average math proficiency score of 30% (versus the California public middle school average of 36%), and reading proficiency score of 41% (versus the 47% statewide average). This district's average middle school ranking is in the bottom 50% of public middle schools in California.
- Minority enrollment is 96% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the California public middle school average of 75% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 25:1 is more than the California public middle school average of 23:1.
|School District Name||Anaheim Union High School District|
|School District Website||http://www.auhsd.us|
|School District Phone Number||(714)999-3511|
|School District Grades Offered||07 - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (CA)|
|# of Schools||11 Schools||3,423 Schools|
|# of Students||9,572 Students||1,856,759 Students|
|# of Teachers||433 Teachers||82,202 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1||23:1|
- Anaheim Union High School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 904 school districts in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-2017 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 86% has increased from 82% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||43 Students||12,473 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||1,671 Students||192,861 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||6,764 Students||977,512 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||181 Students||105,982 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||392 Students||472,252 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||66 Students||8,643 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students|
|# of Two or more races Students||455 Students||87,802 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||10|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-||73,692|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-||65,940|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-||63,906|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-||62,411|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-||67,804|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-||75,372|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-||318,927|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||4,172||474,487|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||4,310||471,975|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||236||41,844|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||248||43,298|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||260||44,323|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||278||49,250|
|# of Ungraded Students:||68||3,520|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $10,911 is higher than the state average of $10,675. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $10,707 is less than the state average of $10,743. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (CA)|
|Total Revenue||$350 MM||$18 MM|
|Spending||$344 MM||$18 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$10,911||$10,675|
|Spending / Student||$10,707||$10,743|
Anaheim Union High School District Public Middle Schools (2020)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency)
- Ball Junior High School 1500 W. Ball Rd.
Anaheim, CA 92802
Grades: 7-8 | 1005 students
- Brookhurst Junior High School 601 N. Brookhurst Ave.
Anaheim, CA 92801
Grades: 7-8 | 1063 students
- Hope 7901 Knott Ave.
Buena Park, CA 90620
Grades: 7-12 | 229 students
- Oxford Academy 5172 Orange Ave.
Cypress, CA 90630
Grades: 7-12 | 1214 students
- Polaris High (alternative) 1800 W. Ball Rd.
Anaheim, CA 92804
Grades: 7-12 | 132 students
- South Junior High School 2320 E. S. St.
Anaheim, CA 92806
Grades: 7-8 | 1529 students
- Sycamore Junior High School 1801 E. Sycamore St.
Anaheim, CA 92805
Grades: 7-8 | 1403 students
- Walker Junior High School 8132 Walker St.
La Palma, CA 90623
Grades: 7-8 | 1090 students
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Say goodbye to mystery meat - and all other types of meat - at public school cafeterias that are embracing the Meatless Monday trend.
Growing cases of contaminated tap water at public schools around the country are raising more than eyebrows. Learn about whether or not public schools' tap water is safe to drink.