Bassett Unified School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 2 public middle schools in Bassett Unified School District, serving 1,200 students.
- Public middle schools in Bassett Unified School District have an average math proficiency score of 31% (versus the California public middle school average of 37%), and reading proficiency score of 40% (versus the 48% statewide average). This district's average middle school ranking is in the bottom 50% of public middle schools in California.
- Minority enrollment is 99% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the California public middle school average of 75% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 26:1 is more than the California public middle school average of 23:1.
|School District Name||Bassett Unified School District|
|School District Website||http://www.bassettusd.org|
|School District Phone Number||(626) 931-3000|
|School District Grades Offered||KG - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (CA)|
|# of Schools||2 Schools||3,422 Schools|
|# of Students||1,200 Students||1,856,434 Students|
|# of Teachers||47 Teachers||82,192 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||26:1||23:1|
- Bassett Unified School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 907 school districts in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 94% has increased from 91% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||3 Students||12,470 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||73 Students||192,858 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||1,098 Students||977,201 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||7 Students||105,958 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||18 Students||471,481 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 Student||8,643 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||n/a||87,797 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||85||73,677|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||51||65,924|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||51||63,888|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||69||62,391|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||64||67,782|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||59||75,358|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||305||318,915|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||254||474,476|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||262||471,956|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||41,804|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||43,248|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||44,293|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||49,215|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||3,507|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $14,302 is higher than the state average of $10,657. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $15,705 is higher than the state average of $10,724. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (CA)|
|Total Revenue||$60 MM||$18 MM|
|Spending||$66 MM||$18 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$14,302||$10,657|
|Spending / Student||$15,705||$10,724|
Bassett Unified School District Public Middle Schools (2020-21)
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.