Napa Valley Unified School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 6 public high schools managed by Napa Valley Unified School District serving 5,937 students in American Canyon, California.
- Minority enrollment is 69% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the California state average of 76%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 22:1 is less than the state average of 23:1.
Napa Valley Unified School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- American Canyon American Canyon High School3000 Newell Dr.
American Canyon, CA 94503
Grades: 9-12 | 1545 students
- Napa Napa Valley Independent Studies 3310 Linda Vista Ave.
Napa, CA 94558
Grades: K-12 | 156 students
- Napa New Technology High School 920 Yount St.
Napa, CA 94559
Grades: 9-12 | 404 students
- Napa Valley Oak High School 1600 Myrtle Ave.
Napa, CA 94558
Grades: 10-12 | 170 students
|School District Name||Napa Valley Unified School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||18,190 students|
|# of Teachers||811 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1|
|# of Male Students||8,986 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||9,204 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||50 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||1,649 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||9,865 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||414 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||5,418 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||61 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||733 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||1,428|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||1,229|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||1,297|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||1,265|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||1,317|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||1,474|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||1,425|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||1,403|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||1,440|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||1,497|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||1,463|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||1,476|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||1,432|
|# of Ungraded Students:||44|
- Napa Valley Unified School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 88% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $11,440 is higher than the state average of $10,798. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $13,081 is higher than the state average of $11,280. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (CA)|
|Total Revenue||$210 MM||$17 MM|
|Spending||$240 MM||$18 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$11,440||$10,798|
|Spending / Student||$13,081||$11,280|
We provide an overview and current status of the Race to the Top program that was designed as an incentive and funding program to promote education reform in public school districts across the country.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.