|School Type||Alternative school / Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Classroom Teachers||n/a|
The diversity score of Cardinal Academy is 0.00, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.41. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 1985-1986 School Year Data||This School||State Level (ID)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||n/a||18:1|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
- Cardinal Academy will provide an academic program in a supportive environment where students are prepared for parenthood, college, career and life. Cardinal Academy Public Charter High School is a high school and specialty program of opportunity focusing on pregnant and parenting teens and young adults, females and males, ages 14 to 21, grades 9 through 12. The school is founded by veteran academic and career counselor, Emily Bergstrom, and veteran educator, Deborah Hedden-Nicely, who have almost 30 years combined experience with pregnant and parenting teens and young adults in Boise. The founders will take a comprehensive approach of educating the whole person by providing students with a strong and relevant educational experience and partnering with The Salvation Army, Boise Corps and other community partners, to provide on-campus wrap-around services necessary to support pregnant and parenting students staying in school. This will enable students to continue to pursue the completion of a high school education through graduation and beyond.
Nearby Public Schools
The nearest high school and middle school to Cardinal Academy is Idaho Connects Online Alternative School (1.4 miles away)
The nearest elementary school is Horizon Elementary School (0.2 miles away)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Miles Grades Students
- Boise Horizon Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 618 students
730 North Mitchell
Boise, ID 83704
(208) 854-5170 0.2 PK-6 618
- Boise Idaho Connects Online Alternative School Grades: 6-12 | 131 students
12639 Explorer Drive Suite 1
Boise, ID 83713
(208) 287-3668 1.4 6-12 131
- Boise Morley Nelson Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 545 students
7701 West Northview Street
Boise, ID 83704
(208) 854-4610 1.6 PK-6 545
- Boise Fairmont Junior High School Grades: 7-9 | 782 students
2121 North Cole Road
Boise, ID 83704
(208) 854-4790 1.7 7-9 782
Join the debate igniting in public schools regarding the role of religion in education. Should all religions be incorporated, or should religion be omitted to avoid any potential indoctrination?
Learn about the benefits associated with vocational education at public high schools, including high-demand career opportunities and improved learning for kinetic and active students.
June 17, 2021
The COVID-19 pandemic has turned the world on its head. The effects of the global pandemic will be felt for years to come, though maybe more so in certain populations. Here’s what you need to know about the current state of special education in the United States.