Carey Ridge Elementary School
Carey Ridge Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Indiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 10%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 10%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- Carey Ridge Elementary School's student population of 574 students has grown by 11% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 28 teachers has grown by 12% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Total Students||574 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Carey Ridge Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 1767 schools in Indiana (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 21:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IN)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||75-79%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||85-89%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Carey Ridge Elementary School is Westfield-washington s School District, which is ranked within the top 10% of all 357 school districts in Indiana (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Westfield-washington s School District's student population of 7,235 students has grown by 11% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $14,055 is higher than the state average of $12,561. The district revenue/student has grown by 6% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $10,604 is less than the state average of $10,672. The district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|School District Name||Westfield-washington s School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||7,235||1,398|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$92 MM||$18 MM|
|District Spending||$69 MM||$15 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$14,055||$12,561|
|District Spending / Student||$10,604||$10,672|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Noblesville Hazel Dell Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 711 students
3025 Westfield Rd
Noblesville, IN 46062
(317)773-2914 2.0 K-5 711
- Westfield Oak Trace Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 590 students
16504 Oak Ridge Rd
Westfield, IN 46074
(317)867-6400 2.0 PK-4 590
- Noblesville Noble Crossing Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 700 students
5670 Noble Crossing Pky
Noblesville, IN 46062
(317)773-2850 2.1 PK-5 700
We analyze on a new study that shows restricting sugary snacks in vending machines in schools resulted in less weight-gain over a three-year period.
A number of school districts across the country are considering the closure of some of their public schools. We’ll look at reasons for the closures and what parents are doing to protest.
We report on the back to school campaign launched by CPS despite huge issues facing the district, including reports of school officials lying to get their children free lunches, conflicts between administrators and teachers’ union, and a lower bond rating.