Carmel Elementary School
Carmel Elementary School serves 1,062 students in grades Prekindergarten-5.
Carmel Elementary School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Georgia for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 59% (which is higher than the Georgia state average of 44%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 47% (which is higher than the Georgia state average of 45%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is equal to the Georgia state level of 15:1.
Minority enrollment is 47% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Georgia state average of 60% (majority Black).
Carmel Elementary School's student population of 1,062 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 69 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Carmel Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 2,196 schools in Georgia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Carmel Elementary School is 0.64, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.69. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (GA)
Overall Testing Rank
#603 out of 2196 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, GA Dept. of Education
Review Carmel Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Technical Training Reaches High School Level Curriculum
We analyze a recent trend in this country to bring technical training to the high school level, in order to prepare students for jobs after graduation.
New Federal Guidelines Open School Doors to Immigrant Children
The Obama Administration recently warned states that refusing enrollment to students based on citizenship or immigration status violates federal law.
August 02, 2021Post-Pandemic Tips for Public School Parents and Students
The 2020-21 school year was unlike any other and hopefully not one we’ll repeat anytime soon. The COVID-19 pandemic changed the face of America’s public education system and we’re still seeing the effects. In this article, we’ll explore the impact of the pandemic on America’s public schools, see how they responded, and talk about some tips for returning to in-person education this fall.