Carolyn S Reedom Elementary School
Carolyn S Reedom Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Nevada for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 5%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Carolyn S Reedom Elementary School's student population of 1,151 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 58 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||1,151 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||58 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Carolyn S Reedom Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 20:1 has increased from 19:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NV)|
|Overall School Rank||#191 out of 620 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||20:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Clark County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Las Vegas William V Wright Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 1178 students
8425 Bob Fisk Ave.
Las Vegas, NV 89178
(702)799-5701 0.7 PK-5 1178
- Las Vegas Evelyn Stuckey Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 1027 students
4905 Chartan Ave
Las Vegas, NV 89141
(702)799-2274 1.4 PK-5 1027
- Las Vegas Desert Oasis High School Grades: 9-12 | 2952 students
6600 W. Erie Ave.
Las Vegas, NV 89141
(702)799-6881 2.0 9-12 2952
- Las Vegas Mark L Fine Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 1007 students
6635 W. Cougar Ave.
Las Vegas, NV 89139
(702)799-6882 2.5 PK-5 1007
- Las Vegas Southwest Career And Technical Academy Grades: 9-12 | 1463 students
7050 W. Shelbourne Ave.
Las Vegas, NV 89113
(702)799-5766 2.5 9-12 1463
This school is the best the teachers there are awesome please rate 5 star.
- Posted by Parent - Hello
I am very impressed with Reedom and my daughter's teacher, Mrs. Holmes. My daughter really loves going to school and shares with us what she has learned. We get updated almost daily on the Class Dojo app and she is being taught meditation and mindfulness, skills that are as crucial as writing, reading, and arithmetic. Intelligence and book smarts are as essential as ever and seeing a focus on emotional and social skills fills me with confidence she'll have more skills to deal with what life will throw at her in the future.
- Posted by Parent - JMH
What a wonderful school. The experience since enrolling my children at Reedom has been awesome. The office staff is amazing. I as well as both of my children were greeted by the principal and we were given a tour by Ms. Sheppard. She shared some of the wonderful things that they are doing and planning, such as the Family Picnic and the school garden. Ms. Sheppard leads the morning ceremony and the children love her. I watch them clamor to get a hug or just greet her each morning. It is truly refreshing to drop my children off in the morning and know they will be taught, loved, and safe. Thank you to all the WONDERFUL staff at Carolyn S. Reedom ES.
- Posted by Parent - jusje
Nearby Homes for Sale
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.