Carrie Martin Elementary School
Carrie Martin Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Louisiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 10%)
- Carrie Martin Elementary School's student population of 142 students has declined by 24% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 14 teachers has declined by 36% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||142 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Carrie Martin Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,278 schools in Louisiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 10:1 has increased from 9:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#330 out of 1278 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||75-79%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||75-79%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Bossier Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school and elementary school to Carrie Martin Elementary School is Plain Dealing High School (0.5 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Plain Dealing Plain Dealing High School Grades: 6-12 | 215 students
300 East Vance Street
Plain Dealing, LA 71064
(318)759-2700 0.5 6-12 215
- Belcher Herndon Magnet School Grades: K-8 | 742 students
11845 Gamm Road
Belcher, LA 71004
(318)221-7676 12.0 K-8 742
- Bradley Bradley High School Grades: 7-12 | 142 students
521 School St
Bradley, AR 71826
(870)894-3316 13.9 7-12 142
- Bradley Bradley Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 138 students
527 Center St
Bradley, AR 71826
(870)894-3477 14.0 PK-6 138
We report on new legislation in Mississippi that allows students to pray publicly in their schools across the state. Now, schools must develop policies to allow for prayer – but the new law is loaded with controversy.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.