Castor High School
- Castor High School's student population of 561 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 61 teachers has grown by 29% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||561 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||61 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Castor High School's student:teacher ratio of 9:1 has decreased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank||#288 out of 1,277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Bienville Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Ringgold Ringgold Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 270 students
4044 Bienville Rd. Suite A
Ringgold, LA 71068
(318)894-2911 7.8 PK-5 270
- Saline Saline High School Grades: PK-12 | 367 students
1255 Cooper Street
Saline, LA 71070
(318)576-3215 12.8 PK-12 367
- Bienville Bienville Educational Center Grades: PK-12
325 Main Street-highway 507
Bienville, LA 71008
(318)385-7554 13.2 PK-12 n/a
- Bienville Bienville High School Grades: PK-12 | 35 students
325 Main Street Hwy 507
Bienville, LA 71008
(318)385-7591 13.2 PK-12 35
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.