Centerville Elementary School
Centerville Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Maryland for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 10%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 10%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 10%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Centerville Elementary School's student population of 999 students has grown by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 56 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2017)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||999 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||56 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Centerville Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 1,367 schools in Maryland (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has increased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MD)|
|Overall School Rank|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Frederick County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Ijamsville Urbana Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 843 students
3511 Pontius Ct
Ijamsville, MD 21754
(240)566-9200 0.3 6-8 843
- Ijamsville Urbana High School Grades: 9-12 | 1651 students
3471 Campus Dr
Ijamsville, MD 21754
(240)236-7600 0.6 9-12 1651
- Frederick Urbana Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 700 students
3554 Urbana Pike
Frederick, MD 21704
(240)236-2200 1.2 PK-5 700
- Monrovia Green Valley Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 367 students
11501 Fingerboard Rd
Monrovia, MD 21770
(240)236-3400 3.9 K-5 367
A new program in San Antonio and Austin tracks students with truancy history with GPS devices. The program is designed to improve attendance rates and student achievement.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.