Urbana High School
Urbana High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Maryland for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 10%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Graduation Rate Highest graduation rate (Top 20%)
- Urbana High School's student population of 1,758 students has grown by 10% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 89 teachers has grown by 8% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2019)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1,758 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||89 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Urbana High School is ranked within the top 10% of all 1,359 schools in Maryland (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 20:1 has increased from 19:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MD)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#78 out of 1359 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Frederick County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Ijamsville Urbana Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 964 students
3511 Pontius Ct
Ijamsville, MD 21754
(240)566-9200 0.3 6-8 964
- Frederick Centerville Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 956 students
3601 Carriage Hill Dr
Frederick, MD 21704
(240)566-0100 0.6 K-5 956
- Frederick Urbana Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 712 students
3554 Urbana Pike
Frederick, MD 21704
(240)236-2200 0.8 PK-5 712
- Monrovia Green Valley Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 417 students
11501 Fingerboard Rd
Monrovia, MD 21770
(240)236-3400 4.4 K-5 417
Stretch your back-to-school budget with these 10 smart tips that will save you money while you check off your school supplies list.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.