Urbana Elementary School
- Urbana Elementary School's student population of 700 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 42 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2018)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||700 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||42 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Urbana Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 1,367 schools in Maryland (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MD)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Frederick County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Ijamsville Urbana High School Grades: 9-12 | 1651 students
3471 Campus Dr
Ijamsville, MD 21754
(240)236-7600 0.8 9-12 1651
- Ijamsville Urbana Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 843 students
3511 Pontius Ct
Ijamsville, MD 21754
(240)566-9200 1.0 6-8 843
- Frederick Centerville Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 999 students
3601 Carriage Hill Dr
Frederick, MD 21704
(240)566-0100 1.2 K-5 999
- Frederick Carroll Creek Montessori Public Charter School Grades: PK-6 | 233 students
7215 Corporate Court
Frederick, MD 21703
(301)663-7970 4.8 PK-6 233
In some cases, it might be the school down the street. Other times, it could be the school across town. We’ll talk about the factors to consider when choosing the best high school for your child.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.
Having friends makes the tough times a little bit easier, but sometimes making friends is the hardest thing of all. Keep reading to learn about the importance of friendship for young children and how to help your child make friends.