Century Elementary School
- Century Elementary School's student population of 161 students has declined by 12% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 13 teachers has declined by 7% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||161 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Century Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has decreased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IL)|
|Overall School Rank||#2958 out of 3,544 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤5%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||15-19%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Century CUSD 100 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Metropolis Starquest Academy Rssp South Grades: 6-12 | 3 students
1102 W 10th St
Metropolis, IL 62960
(618)342-6778 4.5 6-12 3
- Grand Chain Grand Chain Alternative Center 6 students
251 W 2nd St
Grand Chain, IL 62941
(618)634-2200 4.7 n/a 6
- Dongola Dongola High School Grades: 9-12 | 71 students
Po Box 190
Dongola, IL 62926
(618)827-3524 7.4 9-12 71
- Cypress Cypress Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 131 students
4580 Mount Pisgah Rd
Cypress, IL 62923
(618)657-2525 8.3 PK-8 131
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.