Chamberlain Elementary School
Chamberlain Elementary School serves 203 students in grades Kindergarten-5.
Chamberlain Elementary School placed in the top 10% of all schools in West Virginia for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 60-64% (which is higher than the West Virginia state average of 38%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 55-59% (which is higher than the West Virginia state average of 45%) for the 2017-18 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is equal to the West Virginia state level of 14:1.
Minority enrollment is 31% of the student body (majority Black), which is higher than the West Virginia state average of 11% (majority Black and Hispanic).
- Grades: Kindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 203 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 14:1
- Minority Enrollment: 31%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 10% in WV
- Math Proficiency: 60-64% (Top 10%)
- Reading Proficiency: 55-59% (Top 20%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), WV Dept. of Education
Chamberlain Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in West Virginia for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Chamberlain Elementary School's student population of 203 students has declined by 7% over five school years.
The teacher population of 15 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
(offers virtual instruction)
(offers virtual instruction)
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Chamberlain Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 638 schools in West Virginia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Chamberlain Elementary School is 0.49, which is more than the diversity score at state average of 0.20. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2020-2021 School Year Data
State Level (WV)
Overall Testing Rank
#56 out of 638 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)(17-18)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Participates in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch (11-12)
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), WV Dept. of Education
Review Chamberlain Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
What does the Country's Most Expensive School Look Like?
Robert F. Kennedy Community Schools win the award for the country’s most expensive campus, clocking in at a price tag of one-half of a billion dollars. Take a walk down the hall to experience the priciest public school in America.
Detroit Schools: District Is Failing Its Students According To Test Scores
We report on dismal math and reading test scores of Detroit public school students and what’s being done to bring scores up to par.
August 05, 2022Teaching: Using Virtual Reality
Virtual Reality can enhance your lessons safely and efficiently. Virtual reality allows your students to explore worlds they might not otherwise see. We offer some suggestions on how to use VR in your classrooom.