Malden Elementary School
- Malden Elementary School's student population of 232 students has declined by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 16 teachers has declined by 5% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||232 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Malden Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 644 schools in West Virginia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WV)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#537 out of 644 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch (11-12)|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Kanawha County Schools School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Charleston Carver Career Center Grades: 11-12
4799 Midland Dr
Charleston, WV 25306
(304) 348-1965 0.5 11-12 n/a
- Charleston Chamberlain Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 224 students
4901 Venable Av S E
Charleston, WV 25304
(304) 348-1969 1.7 PK-5 224
- Belle Du Pont Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 330 students
301 West 34th Street
Belle, WV 25015
(304) 348-1978 2.3 6-8 330
- Charleston Kanawha City Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 273 students
3601 Staunton Avenue Se
Charleston, WV 25304
(304) 348-1985 2.9 PK-5 273
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.