Du Pont Middle School
- Du Pont Middle School's student population of 330 students has declined by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 20 teachers has declined by 13% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||330 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Du Pont Middle School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 644 schools in West Virginia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has increased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WV)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#572 out of 644 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Kanawha County Schools School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Charleston Marmet Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 141 students
408 94th St
Charleston, WV 25315
(304) 949-2382 1.6 PK-5 141
- Charleston Carver Career Center Grades: 11-12
4799 Midland Dr
Charleston, WV 25306
(304) 348-1965 1.8 11-12 n/a
- Charleston Malden Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 232 students
4001 Salinas Drive
Charleston, WV 25306
(304) 348-1973 2.3 PK-5 232
- Belle Belle Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 256 students
401 E 6th Street
Belle, WV 25015
(304) 949-2612 3.0 PK-5 256
- Charleston Chamberlain Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 224 students
4901 Venable Av S E
Charleston, WV 25304
(304) 348-1969 3.5 PK-5 224
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.