Kanawha City Elementary School
- Kanawha City Elementary School's student population of 309 students has declined by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 19 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||309 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Kanawha City Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has decreased from 18:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WV)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||55-59%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||55-59%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Kanawha County s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Charleston Chamberlain Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 219 students
4901 Venable Av S E
Charleston, WV 25304
(304)348-1969 1.2 PK-5 219
- Charleston Kanawha County Schools Academy Grades: 6-12 | 202 students
200 Elizabeth Street
Charleston, WV 25312
(304)348-7731 1.3 6-12 202
- Charleston Ruffner Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 294 students
809 Litz Drive
Charleston, WV 25311
(304)348-1130 1.3 PK-5 294
- Charleston Piedmont Year-round Education Grades: PK-5 | 372 students
203 Bradford Street
Charleston, WV 25301
(304)348-1910 1.9 PK-5 372
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.