Kanawha City Elementary School
Kanawha City Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in West Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 10%)
- Kanawha City Elementary School's student population of 273 students has declined by 11% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 20 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||273 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Kanawha City Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 644 schools in West Virginia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WV)|
|Overall School Rank||#69 out of 644 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||55-59%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||55-59%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch (11-12)|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Kanawha County Schools School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Charleston Chamberlain Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 224 students
4901 Venable Av S E
Charleston, WV 25304
(304) 348-1969 1.2 PK-5 224
- Charleston Chandler Academy Grades: 1-12 | 174 students
1900 School Street
Charleston, WV 25312
(304) 348-6133 1.3 1-12 174
- Charleston Ruffner Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 286 students
809 Litz Drive
Charleston, WV 25311
(304) 348-1130 1.3 PK-5 286
- Charleston Piedmont Year-round Education Grades: PK-5 | 390 students
203 Bradford Street
Charleston, WV 25301
(304) 348-1910 1.9 PK-5 390
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.