Charem Special Education Schools
Charem Special Education Schools places among the top 20% of public schools in Michigan for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 5%)
- Charem Special Education Schools's student population of 82 students has declined by 12% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 21 teachers has declined by 8% over five school years.
|School Type||Special education school|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||82 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Charem Special Education Schools is ranked within the top 30% of all 3,119 schools in Michigan (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 4:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MI)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#863 out of 3119 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-49%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-59%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|Graduation Rate (16-17)||<50%|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Charlevoix-Emmet Independent School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Charlevoix Charlevoix Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 467 students
13513 Division Ave
Charlevoix, MI 49720
(231) 547-8115 0.6 PK-6 467
- Charlevoix Charlevoix Montessori Academy For The Arts Grades: PK-12 | 46 students
115 West Hurlbut St
Charlevoix, MI 49720
(231) 547-9000 1.6 PK-12 46
- Ellsworth Ellsworth Community School Grades: PK-12 | 265 students
9467 Park St
Ellsworth, MI 49729
(231) 588-2544 11.3 PK-12 265
- East Jordan East Jordan Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 448 students
304 4th St
East Jordan, MI 49727
(231) 536-7564 13.4 PK-6 448
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.